23.1.11

Yeah, But Did You See the Movie?

The pictures that follow came from a class I took in college, in which we were to pick a short story that we'd read in that class and adapt it for the screen, and then storyboard the script. These are my storyboards for Borges' "Library of Babel," which describes the entire universe as a vast library. Most of the books in the library are gibberish, but since the library contains every possible combination of alphabetical characters, it must also include all of the great master works. If you haven't come across this story, I recommend a trip to your own library. It can be found in either Ficciones or Labyrinths.
     In adapting it for the screen, I decided to imagine a video library instead, since the story would be told visually. The pictures weren't stored in order in my closet, and I no longer remember their order, so don't expect a narrative. Ink on tree, murdered, butchered.






No comments:

Post a Comment